We finally have a date for our home inspection! It’s been a bit of a challenge getting it to come together:
- Turned in our home inspection application in November.
- She called us and we called her but we didn’t get anything on the books.
- We suggested Feb. 4th, but she doesn’t work on Mondays.
- She suggested Feb. 5th, but I had a small event booked.
- She mentioned that if we couldn’t do it on the 5th she might not have another opening for weeks.
- I thought about giving up the work to make the home inspection.
- Realized that I wrote down the event on the wrong date so Feb. 5th would work. Whoo hoo!
- Someone else booked that Feb. 5th spot. =(
- A different client called her to postpone their February 5th 11am spot.
- She called us and told us that if we could do Feb. 5th at 11am we could have that spot!
- Whoo hoo …. our home inspection is booked for next Tuesday!
I’m alternately nervous about passing the home inspection and excited about taking another step forward in the process. When we pass (did you see the confidence? Lol) the home inspection then we’ll move on to the home study (multiple invasive question and answer sessions) and then …. maybe we’ll be matched with a kid! After that …. the foster care to adoption roller coaster and then ….
…. wait .. .let’s just take it one step at a time. Our home inspection is booked. Whoo hoo!