The baby’s social worker came by today (we’re adopting from foster care) and explained a bit more about the termination of parental rights snafu. She said that the judge wants to make sure that the “t”s are crossed and the “i”s are dotted but that we shouldn’t worry because:
- The parents/family have never seen this baby.
- The parents/family have stated on multiple occasions that they do not want to parent this baby.
- The parents/family haven’t shown up to court appearances.
- The parents/family haven’t made any effort to engage with the baby (not even photos).
- The parents/family aren’t even returning phone calls anymore.
All we can do is wait.